Monday, August 04, 2008

Nudles

One of the less acknowledged facts about healthy eating is that wholewheat pasta is much tastier than normal pasta, and has a much more interesting texture.

So far, so good.

Another not very well acknowledged fact is that noodles, as used in a variety of cuisines, particularly those of Asian countries, are pretty much the same as pasta.

Take these two facts, and add the third. It's much easier, in UK supermarkets, to get your hands on fresh wholewheat spaghetti than any other type of fresh wholewheat pasta.

Put them all together, and you can start using fresh wholewheat pasta to accompany stir-fries, pad thais, all manner of dishes. And it's yummyumum and then someomeome.

6 comments:

David said...

The implicit assumption in your culinary reasoning, is that the unexpected girth did not stick in the throat. ;-)

I aspire to repast at the same altar of illumination.

David

Al said...

Should that be someumami rather than someomeome?

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I'll take your word for it, Qenny.

I find pasta/noodles spewgusting.

Da Nator said...

I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. I think the contrast between this post and the last one has given me whiplash. ;o)

Qenny said...

david: there is no such thing as unexpected girth, either in the transition from noodle to spag or in any other area of life that I can think of. ;)

al: bang on - I like umami so much that I get through MSG more quickly than salt. Seriously.

idv: I'm sorry to hear that, cos they can be really lovely if given the proper treatment.

da nator: sorry, I should have provided a warning! Maybe I should write a little script that automatically highlights when two consecutive posts have been made a long time apart, indicating that my thought processes might be very, very different from one to the next. As in this case.

Dave said...

Have you tried Blue Dragon wholewheat noodles? - Delicious, and ready in 3 mins - available from Sainsburys!!