Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Marriage Of Inconvenience

Made-up rumour of the day:
Foppy-floppy English actor Jude Law was rumoured to be have pursued big-haired country diva Shania Twain for a possible romantic liaison. In the event, they decided not to take matters any further, because they didn't like the idea of the children being brought up under Shania Law.

And in other news ...

On a not very related note, I am working on a parody of tonsurial apiarist Amy Winehouse's hit single Rehab. It seems to me that a growing minority in the UK are using their claimed religious beliefs as an excuse for intolerance, and using religion for political / personal-politic gain and power-playing. Like the teacher who wore a full veil when teaching tiny little children to communicate. Ridiculous. I suspect that many of these people wouldn't actually enjoy a life lived fully under the banner of their belief system, and if push came to shove, they would chose the freedoms of Britain over the harshness of scripture-based systems of "justice". This parody is aimed at them. It's a work in progress, but here's the first couple of lines:
They tried to make me go to Riyadh
But I say no, no, no.
I'm sure you can see where this is going.

5 comments:

Alan said...

It's the same reason Beyoncé never considered marrying Roy Castle (apart from him being dead) - she'd never live the namechange down...

Qenny said...

I'd never heard that one before - now my neighbours think I'm strange because of the howls of laughter that were thus provoked.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Now my neighbours think I'm strange, too! Thanks Alan...

Frobisher said...

Yes, the registrar that refused to do civil ceremonies due to her Christian beliefs - a friend who works in the NHS says, increasingly, that some Muslim doctors are refusing to treat people with "lifestyle" illnesses (STD's, alcohol related, etc). Creating big problems

Qenny said...

IDV: I don't think you can blame Alan for that, can you? Blame the witch.

frobisher: I sincerely hope that Islington wins its appeal against the adjudication in favour of that "christian" registrar.

The idea of doctors refusing to treat people fair makes my blood boil. Do they really have us over a barrel so badly that we need to take that? It's absolutely appalling!