Friday, November 30, 2007

The Job That Wasn't

For the last couple of days, I have been happy and secure in the knowledge that I'll soon be back in gainful employment. I have been cheerily turning down offers of interviews.

Then last night, I got a call to tell me that the job I thought I had was no longer available, largely because the person who had offered it to me had been summarily dismissed from their role in the company, and everything else had been put on ice. And that situation isn't likely to change any time soon.

So, back to JobServe to get on with the hunting, I guess. Doh!

2 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Doh! indeed, Qenny.

I'm sure something will turn up very soon - You seem emminently employable!

Gods only know what I'm talking about. Sounds good though.

Qenny said...

Thanks, IDV. And I agree - I am very employable. Hell, I'd even hire me.

(Actually, I did. Technically, I run a limited company, and as well as being the director, I am also the company's only employee.)