Monday, June 18, 2007

Yippideedoodah!


I've signed up with the folks who run the Gay Wedding Show to perform walkabout magic during two of their events: Manchester and Cardiff. I'm looking forward to it. Now I'm just waiting for my paid-for ads to turn up on a couple of web sites aimed at gay couples who are tying the knot (in the civil partnership rather than bondage sense), and then I'm sure I'll have all the gigs I can handle.

They've already published the details for the Manchester Show, and the Cardiff one will be appearing shortly.

My Lovely Husband™ is also delighted because he has been itching to have a weekend in Manchester ever since he got here. And now we have the perfect excuse. Okay, it means I'll be spending a day on my feet doing magic whilst he's out exploring the city, but I did quite a bit of that exploring stuff a couple of months back when I was working there, so I think I've seen all there is to see. (And love it, incidentally. Manchester's great. I could live there.)

I've never been to Cardiff before. Maybe we'll bump into Captain Jack Harness, that guy who's a bit like John Barrowman, but really into the leather scene.

3 comments:

Tickersoid said...

Manchester is great. Cardiff is also a fabulous city.

Qenny said...

I'll look forward very much to meeting up with you there, Tickers. Actually, my day job might be taking me there, too, but a few weeks before the wedding show.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I love a good weekend in Manchester, me!

Did that sound Mancunian enough?

Is that how one should spell 'Mancunian'? It doesn't look like it has enough letters...