Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dancing Queen

Saturday night was spent in G.A.Y. Late watching the Eurovision Song Contest. There were tears. There was laughter. There was disappointment from the crowd that the UK did so badly, although I strongly suspect the fact that Scooch had completely ripped off a Pandora song might have had something to do with that.

We were joined by the lovely JC and his man Rob, and the delightful Sven and KazzieBoo, and later by the magical genius of Stevie D and his new beau, Si. It was a fun, fun evening, and we cheered and booed along all night. Personally, I thought Spain, Turkey and Russia where the best three.

But what the hell was going on with the act that won???? It was probably the most shit Eurovision winning song of all time. More worthy than a bus-load of Sally Army tin-rattlers. I mean, alright, it was nice seeing a fiesty l'il dyke take the Eurovision crown, and she was surrounded by women doing their best to look like 70s shop dummies, or perhaps original Charlie's Angels extra-wannabes. Hilarious as they were, they couldn't detract enough of my attention away from the sheer shitness of the song.

And they voted for it in droves, all over Europe! Well, mostly Eastern Europe, it has to be said.

On the way home, we were treated to a delightful performance from a high-octane young queen who'd obviously been hitting the meths quite hard that evening. Bless!

Bear in mind when assessing his performance that this was carried out on a moving underground train. And for the nosy amongst you, I do flip the camera around a couple of times to take in my Lovely Husband™ who it sitting opposite me.

7 comments:

Spike said...

YouThingy > edit this video > turning arrow button.

Qenny said...

Thanks for the tip, Spike. I was hoping there would be an option like that, but I couldn't find one, and having looked again, I still can't.

Still, a quick download, and although we now have to put with a logo from the video editing software I used, it's now possible to see him with the correct orientation - which I'm sure he would approve of.

Da Nator said...

You're right - that song was shit. And the Lovely Husband is a cutie.

I can't be too hard on the winner, though, as we look a bit alike. Too bad I can't enter Eurovision, eh?

Oh, and my girlfriend is quite raw enough, thank you.

Tickersoid said...

Brilliant!

Sounds like a fun evening. I wanted to see it but couldn't resist the lure of karaoke night at the 'Forge Hammer'.

I remember when PCD stood for Pitch circle diameter.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Eurovision was a travesty of justice yet again.

Yaaaayyyyyy! That's what makes it so fun.

I have to say, though, that Scooch were one of the top 'acts' in my opinion. Up there with Spain, Russia and the like.


P.S. And your Lovely Husband™ is tres gorgeous!

Frobisher said...

I missed it! is it time for a change? it's looking like "east european mutual appreciation society".

CyberPete said...

Oh I have done that, not meth of course but yeah.

Your lovely husband is hot!

Eurovision was a bit of a laugh though. The Irish song, oh how I laughed.