Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Paris In The The Spring

What a fantabulous first wedding anniversary celebration that turned out to be!

You know when you go away for a little break and rush yourself off your feet trying to see all the "must see" things and do all the "must do" things and end up exhausted but you crammed so much into your long weekend that you end up feeling oddly refreshed because it seems as if you've been away for a fortnight even though it's only been a few days?

Well, it was like that.

Lovely Husband™ hadn't been to Paris before, so we did several things that I probably wouldn't have made an effort to do again, but I'm glad I did. Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre, a boat trip on the Seine, Versailles, the Royal Opera House, La Defense, and a large number of eateries, drinkeries and shopperies along the way. And 349 photos in 4 days. Thank god for Picasa!

4 comments:

Jay said...

The one and only time I was in Paris was spent dodging rain, watching the ridiculous queues at the Eiffel Tower, miming my order to blank-faced waiters and staring uncomprehendingly at the exhibits in the Louvre.

I can't wait to go back.

Kyahgirl said...

holy cow! you must be completely worn out. good one!!

Qenny said...

jay: I had the benefit of Lovely Husband™ to provide guidance in The Louvre (he did art history for a while); and an old friend of his who now lives in Paris and was able to tell us how to avoid putting the waiters' noses out of joint. (I speak a bit of French, too, which helps.)

kyahgirl: tired but happy!

Da Nator said...

Sounds lovely. I do hope you'll share some photos.

Glad you enjoyed!