Monday, April 17, 2006

Help For The Lonely

Are you looking for someone special in your life? Do you despair of ever finding that right man or woman? Worry no longer, for now, you can find the mate of your dreams, using Qenny's guaranteed recipe for love - the Melody Can, as recommended by ABBA*.

Start using it today, and you'll soon be living in blissful harmony with the man, woman or animal of your choice.



*nothing can capture a heart like a melody can (Thank You For The Music)

Results may vary.
Not intended for use by transplant surgeons.

7 comments:

frobisher said...

**a tumbleweed blows through Qenny's blog**

frobisher said...

Oh! Yay! I'm first - and probably last if you keep doing jokes like that.

Qenny said...

You know, there are times when I do or say things that are almost entirely for my own amusement.

For some reason, I find that "capture a heart like a melody can" thing almost on a par with the version of "Silent Night" that includes the line "Mary bends, his face to see". In print, that's only funny if you miss out the comma, but when sung sounds as if there is no comma anyway. Of course, your mileage may vary. I know puns are really naff, but words are my favourite playthings, and sometimes when I play, I play in a very childlike manner.

Qenny said...

It's all a bit hit and miss who read this anyway. A couple of entries I quite liked garnered no feedback at all, and one that I didn't think much of at the time seemed to be well-received. Ah, the blog-reading public. What an odd crowd.

frobisher said...

Yes they are an odd crowd. I've tried to whip up a bit of social debate on Idle Worship to no avail. But post a funny picture or a poo story and there queing up to make comments.

Qenny said...

I wonder if it's part of the etiquette. I'm still finding my feet in the blogsphere, so I'm never sure what I should and shouldn't say. I often want to contribute or join, but feel like perhaps I shouldn't because everyone else is just submitting attaboy type comments. I'm sure it will come to me eventually.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Did someone say poo?