Wednesday, February 08, 2006

And now, from Norwich

I've been staying in Dunstan Hall this week, a lovely hotel snatched up by De Vere after a couple of earlier botched attempts to turn it into a money-making venture. It's a bit of a way out of Norwich, which means sampling the delights of the town of an evening isn't on the cards. (Shame -I've passed some really interesting looking restaurants.) On the other hand, it does have a really, really good gym, and has a lovely countryside feel to it.

The evenings are a bit dull, and it's never good to be away from my lovely husband for any length of time. However, it has been good in that I've had enough time on my hands to actually get down to some proper practise for my magic circle exam. The final part of my routine is going to take a bit of work to make it really sharp, so it's good that I'm getting the combination of time and opportunity. Otherwise, the exam would come around and I still wouldn't feel ready. There are a couple of bits and pieces that I still need to get my hands on before I'll be able to prepare properly, but progress has been made this week. The structure of the act is coming together, and the patter is beginning to take shape. Couple more weeks of boredom in the Norfolk countryside and I'm sure it will be really sharp.

No comments: